The stress college students face often has to do with more than just taking classes and writing exams. Having enough money to pay your bills can also be a challenge.
Fortunately, there are many online jobs for students that you can do from anywhere in Canada and the United States, as long as you have access to the internet.
These legitimate work-from-home opportunities require little to no upfront investment and offer easy ways to earn extra cash.
Looking for a part-time job that’s great for international students and overseas workers? Get started with this list of the 12 best online jobs for students.
best online jobs for students to earn money
an online job gives you the flexibility to work remotely and monetize your free time without leaving your home.
In addition to earning an income that makes college life fun, some online jobs also help you develop skills that you can turn into a career or transfer to your future job.
- Average salary: $20 per hour
- Where to find work: VIPKid, Chegg Tutors, QKids, WyzAnt, and Tutor.com
You can teach many subjects online, middle, high school, and university students, including English as a second language for children abroad.
this show also includes tutoring for extracurricular things like fashion, music, art, social media and more.
some companies require you to have a bachelor’s degree, while others are fine with some teaching experience. Plus, you can combine this with creating online courses on platforms like Udemy, Teachable, and Coursera.
Participate in market research
- average payout: $1 to $20 per Survey
- where to find work: Swagbucks, Survey Junkie, Pinecone Research and Daily Rewards
get paid for providing your opinions. Yes, that’s what Market Research Panels like Swagbucks pay you to do.
companies use the generated data to plan their product marketing and promotion strategies.
although you won’t get rich in surveys, you can easily answer surveys on your phone when you’re less busy. Here are some legitimate online surveys.
Here are some to get you started:
- Daily Rewards: Get a $5 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Get $5 Welcome Bonus
- Search Addicted to
- Survey Pineapple: Earn $3 to $5 per survey
- Ipsos I say,
- Brand Surveys
- average pay: $15-$30 per hour
- where to find work: Freelancer and Upwork
I used to do proofreading gigs as a college student and it helped hone the writing skills I have today.
if you easily spot grammatical or punctuation errors as you read, a freelance proofreading job might work for you. No previous experience is required.
Caitlyn Pyle earned $43,000 part-time review and her Review Anywhere course is a must-take if you want to make some real money.
See Feet Pics Online
FeetFinder is the safest, easiest, and most secure website for verified users to view, buy and sell custom feet content. Over 1,000,000 users uploading and buying content daily.
Become a blogger
- Average salary: varies (up to $50,000 per month)
Blogging is an excellent way to earn passive income if you know what you are doing.
for example, this blog, SavvyNewCanadians.com, earns a six-figure income annually and pays me much more than I earn in my day job as a veterinarian!
start a niche website and write about something you are passionate about. As your blog gains traction, you can monetize it using ads and affiliate marketing. You can also sell an online course.
I wrote a detailed guide on how to start a blog from scratch in six easy steps.
when you consider that your upfront costs are minimal (eg $3.95 a month for web hosting), there’s no reason you can’t get started now.
Social Media Manager
- Average salary: $20 to $40 per hour
- Where to find work: Local businesses on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest)
University students know all about life it on social media. So why not turn this skill into a money-making business?
Companies are looking for individuals who can help them grow a following, post on social media, and answer customer questions.
contact local businesses in your area and let them know how you can help them engage with customers to grow your brand.
you can also use your own social media platform to provide other people’s products and services. This is known as affiliate marketing.
when someone clicks on your link and makes a purchase, you earn a commission.
Create an Online Store with Shopify
- > Average salary: varies
- Where to find work: Shopify
Start an online store e-commerce service where you can sell your own products (eg arts and crafts) or simply act as an intermediary between the suppliers and the end customer.
you can easily create a store using a platform like Shopify, where you have ready-made templates and tools to get your store up and running within hours.
The easiest way to make your store is to use dropshipping, which means you can sell physical items without keeping an inventory.
after a customer makes a purchase, the third-party supplier ships the product directly to them and you get paid.
you can also sell on Etsy, Zazzle and ThreadUp.
start your online store on Shopify.
Online Jobs Data Entry
- average pay: $10 to $15 per hour
- where to find work: Click here to find out more about what’s going on. I know. Online data entry jobs don’t pay a lot of money, however, they remain popular as part-time jobs for students.
- the basic requirement is that you have good typing skills and pay attention to details. Create a detailed profile on platforms like Clickworker and Fiverr to find jobs.
- Average salary: $50 to $500 per article
- Where to find work: Upwork, iWriter, Problogger, FreelanceWriting.com, PeoplePerHour.com, and Textbroker
- One way to get your foot in the door and become a successful freelance writer is to start a blog. The articles on your blog can serve as your portfolio and you can use this to market your services.
- companies, blogs, magazines, websites and others are looking for freelance writers to work for them on a full or part time basis.
- average payout: $5 per show
- where to find work: Fiverr, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Gigbucks, Task Rabbit
- there are countless tasks you can get paid to do on freelance marketplaces like Fiverr, including things that are completely weird. For example, you can earn $5 to $500 for doing a voiceover, editing a video, writing a a website, transcribe audio and much more.
- Average salary: $20 to $100 per hour
- Where to find work: PeoplePerHour, Zirtual, VA Rede.com, and Upwork
- Virtual assistants perform a variety of tasks remotely for businesses and individuals. You can be hired to respond to emails, manage social media platforms, plan and schedule meetings, book travel, review, plan events, research a project, maintain a website, enter data, etc.
- Learn more about becoming a VA.
bonus ways for students to earn money
- these bonus tips for making money online are worth checking out.
- Use Cash Back Apps
- Get paid to shop using a cash back app when you shop online or at your favorite store.
- A. Drop App: This cash back app offers cash discounts and rewards every week! It also provides ways to earn when you complete short surveys or play games.
- Join Drop here ($5 bonus) or read my full review of the app.
- B. Rakuten: If you shop online at stores like Amazon, Walmart, Staples, Sephora, Sportchek, and 700+ others, Rakuten gives you opportunities to earn cash back and save money.
- just visit the website before shopping at your favorite retailer to earn cash back rewards.
- Join Rakuten here or read our review. You receive up to a $30 Bonus after your first online purchase of $30 or more.
- C. Ampli: This cash back app owned by RBC is another way to cut your expenses while earning cash back at the same time. Your winnings are paid using Interac e-Transfer.
- Join Ampli here (use AMPLI5 to get a $5 Welcome Bonus) or read our detailed review.
- Online jobs and flexible remote jobs are the future. As a student, you can start some of these shows to earn money during your spare time.
- many of these online jobs don’t require a ton of upfront investment or experience, which makes them viable even for college students.
Leave a Reply