You might have noticed that the question – What is the best phone case material – is among the most asked questions on the search engines.
The reason why people get confused when it comes down to selecting the best phone case for their phone is that the market is full of different materials to offer phone cases.
All these materials claim to offer protection, style, and value to the phone. But just how much truth is in their words?
There are materials like plastic, synthetic, silicon, leather, cotton, and almost everything that hold the possibility to make phone cases.
Out of all the phone cases, some hold advantages over others. Simply put, you can’t get everything from a single material. Every material offers pros and cons. Now, it is upto you to decide what feature you want in your phone case.
Today, let’s go through each material and get a better understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.
Choosing The Best Material For Your Phone Case
A quick look through the aisle of the shop or browsing through the endless amazon list will reveal one thing – a phone case can be made with almost any material.
With so many options, it can be challenging to choose between them. So, let’s take a look at some of the most common materials used to make phone cases.
Plastic phone cases are the most common ones which you can find within your best budget. They not only offer you good protection for your phone but also come with desirable designs to ornament your phone.
– It comes cheap, and you can have tons of options.
– Some offer phenomenal designs for your phone.
– Gives all-around protection and is durable for your phone.
However, there are a few things that make the cons weigh over the pros.
– Plastic phone cases, especially if they are cheap, are not shockproof. If you drop your phone, unfortunately, the plastic cover is not a guarantee that your glass or camera is out of harm’s reach. Since the surroundings are hard, the shock could be worse.
– Plastic is not a very durable item, and it is susceptible to breakage.
– Since it’s not a malleable item, it might not sit on the back of your phone like a glove and always leave air gaps.
– The smooth surface of plastic can make you lose grip.
It is okay for the time being as it will get the job done, but it is better to keep changing them.
This is one of the best materials you can use if a good grip is what you want. If you are someone who has a habit of scrolling at night, you must be tired of your phone slipping and sucker punching your nose! A silicon back cover is the best solution for it.
– Good grip on your fingers.
– Can give a slim fit to your phone.
– Full protection and shockproof because of the bouncing nature of the material.
– Comes transparent, as well as artistic designs.
– Tend to get dirty soon.
– Because it’s tightly attached, it heats the phone and traps it. This can cause discoloration in the actual color of your phone.
Aka, the best back cover which you can get for your phone. Yes, it has cons which we will mention so that you can make an informed decision. But, this is where the pros outweigh them.
– Excellent protection, especially if you get a Phone Wristlet or a flip cover. If you are looking for these classy phone wallets/wristlets, try Embrazio, as they sell some of high-quality ones.
– Completely shock proof which can mean that during an accident, your screen and glass back are away from harm.
– You also get extra space to carry essentials like a few dollar bills, quarters, and cards. It is not necessary to carry a purse with these leather cases.
– They give good protection to your camera as well.
– Gives you an excellent grip.
– They can add excess weight to your phone and make it look a little bulky. The shape and design for which you chose the phone in the first place will be gone.
Now coming to the option that most might not opt for. Well, it is not because of any issue with the compatibility of the case with your phone. It is the price with which you have to acquire such compatibility. These phone cases are expensive, but here are the pros and cons of a wood phone case.
– According to some users, this is the best phone case if you love the look of a back cover.
– They can also give you 180-degree protection, leaving a little space between your screen and the cover. Therefore, if it falls’ screen down,’ you can get the protection.
– Made of durable items, so you can expect no breakage.
– If you get a back cover made of bamboo, you are also environmentally friendly with your purchase.
– Because of the hard material, if the phone slips and falls too many times, it might not be shockproof.
– The surface becomes smooth, giving you less grip.
Which One Is The Best?
As you can tell, no one material is perfect when it comes to balancing the magic triangle of style, protection, and value. No matter which material you choose, you will find that it is lacking in something.
For instance, silicon might offer better protection than plastic material; you will not find style in it. And if you go with plastic material, you might get the style you are looking for but lacks protection.
This is where you can take the middle ground and go with leather. Leather might not be as colorful as plastic material, but it sure comes with different styles. What’s more, it is more secure and offers protection to your phone.
Some leather phone cases also come with wristlets that can carry other necessary accessories.
Using a leather phone case, you might not be able to complete that magic triangle, but you will surely come close.