Women with endometriosis require medical attention to prevent permanent damage and related complications. The patient must discuss the before and aftercare of the procedure with the laparoscopic surgeon in Islamabad. It will help the patient become aware before visiting the hospital.
The laparoscopy helps in the diagnosis of the illness and its severity. It helps to obtain a tissue sample and check the abnormalities. Also, the procedure helps removes the cysts and scar tissues caused by endometriosis. It is a minimally invasive surgical procedure performed under the effect of anesthesia. The patient who undergoes the laparoscopy can go home the same day as it is not a risky surgical process.
The doctor may recommend the patient to undergo the laparoscopy if:
- The woman suffers from constant unbearable pain in the abdominal region due to endometriosis.
- The patient does not notice a change in their condition after taking hormone therapy.
- The patient notices no change in their condition after taking medication due to endometriosis.
- The patient suffers from bladder and bowel problems due to endometriosis.
- The woman suffers from infertility and related complications due to endometriosis.
- The tests have shown that there is a mass near the ovaries.
The preparation steps for the procedure are:
- The patient has to stop consuming liquid eight hours before the surgery.
- The patient should come to the hospital with family members for support.
- The patient should have a member drive them back to the house after the procedure.
- The patient may feel nauseous; hence they should have a bin in the car.
- The patient should not take a shower afro at least three to five days after the surgery to prevent infection, which can worsen the condition.
The procedure of laparoscopy includes:
- The person will be given general anesthesia before the procedure.
- The person will not be conscious throughout the surgery. The patient may take oral anesthesia or take it through an IV.
- A thin incision will be made near the abdomen, under the belly button.
- A cannula will be inserted, and it will be inflated to examine the inside of the abdomen.
- The camera will provide a clear picture, and the surgeon will opt for the appropriate technique. The specialist will remove the scar tissue or use freezing, heating, or laser beams to destroy the scar tissue.
After the procedure the patient will experience:
- The patient will feel nauseous and may suffer from constant vomiting after the laparoscopy.
- The patient will feel constipated due to the accumulation of the gas. It can cause discomfort.
- The patient will experience mild vaginal bleeding on the same day.
- Due to changes in the hormone, the patient will suffer from mood changes that can cause anxiety.
- The patient will suffer from soreness in the abdomen. Also, the patient will suffer from constant pain near the incision.
The patient should prioritize the health and avoid:
- The patient should avoid engaging in physical exertion, which can lead to pain and discomfort.
- The patient should not lift heavy weights and stretch or bend, which can cause complications and slow the healing process.
- It is necessary to avoid engaging in sexual intercourse that can worsen the condition and lead to multiple complications.
- Patients should be vigilant and focus on their health after the procedure to enhance their quality of life and avoid complications. The habits that can help in the healing process include:
- The patient should eat organic food.
- The patient should rest and take a break from the work.
- The patient should walk slowly to eliminate the gas from the body.
- The patient should keep in touch with the doctor, and if they notice pus or fever, they must seek medical attention.
Individuals should seek guidance from the laparoscopic surgeon in Lahore for the complications and healing process.