Various audio markets offer both familiar, versatile speakers and audio devices with rarer features, such as water resistance. Their technical characteristics and design features give more opportunities for use and, as a result, contribute to the growing popularity. Different models of speakers with waterproof functions have their pros and cons, which become decisive in the selection process.
All waterproof acoustic systems have one main advantage over conventional ones – protection against moisture ingress. Of course, there are ways to secure a universal model or fix a damaged one, but this requires an understanding of how it works, as well as certain skills, time, and money. To avoid additional costs and fuss, you can easily pick up a modern waterproof model.
The case of such columns is made of polymers, and the internal parts are isolated from the ingress of foreign liquids.
Such acoustics are used in conditions of high humidity or in situations with a high probability of getting wet. They can be installed indoors – bathroom, shower, sauna, swimming pool, and production workshop.
Many people use waterproof speakers outdoors while playing sports, or at work in adverse conditions. With some models, you can even swim, equip boats or hydro scooters with them. Among their features are:
- Good Sound.
- Ease Of Use.
- Protection Not Only from water But Also From Dust And Other Microparticles (And At Different Times Of The Year);
- Hygienic, As More Thorough Wet Cleaning Is Possible.
Like all other speakers, waterproof ones can be distinguished according to their appearance. They can be round, oval, or rectangular, with beveled sides or rounded corners, the form affects only their design perception than technical capabilities. Devices can be built-in or portable and have special devices for installation.
Impenetrable audio systems are divided into:
- Active – equipped with receivers that improve sound quality even at low power.
- Passive – they need additional amplifiers, but they are cheaper and work even with sources equipped with a weak audio card.
In addition, columns differ in the degree of protection, which is indicated by the IP code. The higher this indicator, the less likely it is that the device will suffer.
- On moisture resistance usually costs IP58. This means that it can be used during precipitation (rain, snow), which falls on the device at different angles.
- IP67 or 68 allow immersion in water for a short time (up to 30 minutes).
In other words, a moisture-resistant column will work even if a small amount of water gets inside, and a moisture-resistant one is completely protected from this.
A waterproof shower speaker can relate to a cable. This method is considered obsolete but does not cease to be reliable. It has its own advantages:
- Can be powered both from the network and from a computer via USB.
- The device cannot be discharged and works while connected.
- There are both passive and active varieties (with an already built-in amplifier).
- Give better sound quality, anti-interference, and high output power.
Even though they are considered more reliable and are used both at home and outdoors, wired speakers are more suitable for stationary use, since when moving you will have to take care of the availability of a power source, and this is not always convenient.
More modern speaker models were created to listen to music in any convenient place without being tied to wires and constant power sources. Bluetooth can be used to sync with a computer or smartphone (most models can be connected using the same cable as a last resort). There are models that can play music from a storage device (for example, a built-in memory card).
Other pluses are:
- Speakers that can be carried with you are made compact, with an appropriate design.
- Among them you can find varieties with two speakers that provide good sound.
- Such devices combine many different functions – they can replace a headset during a telephone conversation, show the time, and control audio files from the display.