Meghalaya State Pollution Control Board
Meghalaya State Pollution Control Board is the statutory body that has been established to ensure that the environment in Meghalaya is protected from pollution. The board has set up a number of committees and other bodies for this purpose. The main purpose of these bodies is to conduct regular visits at industries, factories and construction sites and take action against any violations.
The board has also issued several orders regarding pollution control in Meghalaya. These orders published on the official website of the Meghalaya State Pollution Control Board as well as in newspapers.
The most important orders include:
- Prevention of pollution from forest fires
- Cleaning up of rivers and streams
- Prohibition on dumping waste materials into rivers and streams
- Prohibition on burning of waste materials at factories, industries or construction sites
- Prohibition on burning waste materials near residential areas
CTO & CTE from Pollution Control Board Online Registration
Consent to Establish (CTE)
The Pollution Control Board has the power to grant consent to establish any industrial establishment, factory or another industrial unit. Consent is given by the board after it is satisfied that there is no environmental impact and that adequate measures will be taken to prevent pollution.
Consent to Operate (CTO)
The Consent to operate an industrial establishment, factory or other industrial units. The board grants consent after it is satisfy that there is no environmental impact and that adequate measures will be taken to prevent pollution.
Document required for Meghalaya State Pollution Control Board Online Certification
- Self-declaration regarding applicability of mandatory documents by the authorized signatory
- Report on pollution control measures
- Documents of land
- List of name and address of all the directores/partners\
- Project Report Certified by chartered accountant
- Udhyog Aadhar/ DIC Acknowledgement/udhyam Registration
- Layout plan showing total available space/area within the unit for dismantling/recycling/re-furbishing operations, individually.
- List of name and addresses of all directors/partners
- Latest certificate of chartered accountant showing capital investment, without depreciation on land, building, plant and machinery
- List of plant & Machinery Installed by the unit
Procedure for Applying for the pollution control board
- The applicants must submit a complete set of application form duly filled up with their name, address and other necessary particulars.
- The applicants should also enclose an attested copy of his/her identity card and any other document that he/she desires to attach along with his/her application form.
- The applications should reach the concerned office on or before 5th day of the month, failing which it may be returned with all relevant documents attached to it for fresh consideration.
Guidelines for Meghalaya State Pollution Control Board
The Board shall have the following objectives:
- To promote environmental awareness and conservation of natural resources.
- To promote integrated development of man and environment for sustainable growth.
- To maintain cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene in public places, streets, markets, markets, roadsides etc., to prevent pollution by-products from entering into the water bodies or causing injury to health of people.
- To provide technical assistance to the State Government in matters related to pollution control.
For more blog and update stay with theinsiderup