Netgear AC2700 WiFi range extender provides you the fast-speed internet throughout your home or office. As soon as you are done with Netgear AC2700 setup via mywifiext local (for Apple or iOS devices) or mywifiext.net (for Windows or Android devices) you will get continuous internet connectivity for all your devices.
So, you might be wondering how to set up Netgear AC2700 WiFi extender. If so, wonder no more! Here, in this write-up, we will guide you through the Netgear AC2700 setup process. So, without much delay, let’s get the ball rolling!
Note: The setup instructions provided in this post can also be used for other Netgear extender models.
Netgear AC2700 Setup
You can set up your Netgear AC2700 WiFi range extender using any of the below-mentioned methods.
- Using manual setup.
- Using WPS setup.
Set up Your Netgear AC2700 Manually
Unbox Your Netgear AC2700 Extender
The first step towards Netgear AC2700 setup is to unbox the extender. Once you are done, keep the extender aside. Please unbox it very carefully. Its content might get damage in excitement.
Connect Your Router
- Grab an Ethernet cable. The cable must be brand new. And, if it isn’t brand new, existing will work, but not damaged, dusty, or worn-out.
- Connect your Netgear AC2700 to the router very securely and tightly. Cross-check the Ethernet connection. Make sure that it is successfully established.
Note: If you don’t have an Ethernet cable handy, connect the AC2700 and router wirelessly.
Power on Your Netgear Extender
- Plug in your Netgear AC2700 WiFi extender. Ensure that the wall plug in not damaged and well-working.
- After plugging in the Netgear device, wait for the WiFi LED on your AC2700 extender to become stable. It might take a few minutes. So, remain calm!
Switch On a Device
- Turn on a PC or laptop.
- Make sure that the device you are using is having the latest software installed on it.
Open a Web Browser
- Open an internet browser of your choice. Make sure that the web browser you are using is not outdated.
- Go to the browser’s address bar. Please do not use the search bar.
- Enter mywifiext local or mywifiext.net web address without typos. This is the one of the main reasons behind suggesting to use an up-to-date browser. Why? Because the web address, mywifiext local or mywifiext.net do not work on an outdated one.
Note: Web address depends upon the device you are using and this we have already mentioned above.
New Extender Setup Page Displays
- Enter the Netgear AC2700 extender login credentials.
- Click Log In.
- Netgear Genie screen will displays.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Note: Please ensure to follow the Netgear AC2700 setup instructions in exact given order.
In blink of an eye and the Netgear AC2700 setup process will be completed.
Set Up Your Netgear Extender Using WPS
- First things first, ensure that your Netgear WiFi range extender is plugged in properly. Apart from this, the extender must receive a steady power supply.
- Once you are done with the step mentioned above, press the WPS button on your Netgear AC2700 WiFi range extender. During the entire WPS process, your extender must receive a continuous WiFi signals from your main router.
- After pressing the WPS button on your NetgearAC2700 WiFi range extender, wait for a short while. Let the WPS LED on your Netgear extender starts blinking.
- Once you are done, press the WPS button on main router as well. Make sure that the router is WPS capable.
That’s it! Netgear EX2700 setup process is completed using the WPS method. You can now unplug your extender and plug it to the location of your choice. Bear in mind – the location you choose for your Netgear EX2700 extender must be in range of the router.
Bonus: To revamp your WiFi experience, we suggest you update the firmware of your Netgear AC2700 WiFi extender. Please update the firmware on a regular basis. Doing so will never let the performance of your AC2700 device to degrade.
To Sum Up
So, these were the 2 easy-to-execute methods to set up your Netgear AC2700 WiFi range extender. Here’s to hope that this piece of writing helped you to perform Netgear AC2700 setup process in a hassle-free way. Please feel free to share your feedback with us. Your feedback will help millions of WiFi range extender users to perform Netgear AC2700 setup smoothly across the globe.
Leave a Reply